Below: The mess I made, which was a complete waste of time!
I really had good intentions and high hopes with this, but alas, it failed. I thought about not even posting it, but the whole process was such an effort and yet a failure, so maybe I just need some consoling. In a previous post I shared some pictures of the effect a kitchen sponge had on my nails when used as a stamper, more or less, and it turned out pretty good, I thought. Well, not this one. I used a cosmetic sponge which is much more dense and I imagine it just soaks up the nail polish too fast to really give the look I was going for. I started out by painting my nails with a frosty off-white color, then painted a line using a generous amount of polish in 3 different "Easter pastel" shades on the back of an old greeting card. I then placed the sponge over the pattern, picked it up, and rolled it across my nail from one side to the other, much like when applying a Konad stamp. I repeated it 3, yes, 3 times, trying to get a darker tint, to no avail. By then I was so irritated I thought maybe if I topped it off using Misa's Confection Section as a topcoat it might redeem itself a bit, but it did not. Poor little duck was the only thing that looked cute in the picture. But he is no longer with us. I ate him to console myself from the disappointment that this whole process caused me.